I’ve been on a monthlong weeding and organizing binge all over the house. My studio especially has gotten a bit of an overhaul, and I’ve pulled a ton of fabric to sell.
It’s been a quiet summer for sewing, but I finally finished this project. It wasn’t especially time consuming, but it still took me forever. I wasn’t happy with the first fabrics I picked and waited until the Cotton + Steel bundles I preordered came in from Westwood Acres Fabrics. I. Love. Them. And decided that even though I’d only ordered fat quarters I would squeeze this hat pattern out of them. Hence the totally misaligned purple print…actually, that was probably just a crazy print to make a curvy project out of, but I couldn’t help myself. It was calling out to me in the night. Read more on Hannah’s Bucket Hat…
I’ve finished the quilting on this one! I love it, and I tried something new. I was poking around some quilting tutorials and came across some of Angela Walters’ excellent videos on All People Quilt. She’s just so relaxed and encouraging, and she promoted the idea of keeping things loose and just going for it. I liked that, so I gave it a try. This was kind of inspired by her paisley design, but I’m obviously not as deft with it as she is.
I love them! I tweaked my old design and ordered a batch from Spoonflower. Also, can we talk about the improvements to my photo skills in the last three years? I swear, sometimes I toy with the idea of taking down all my ancient posts, but they remind me of my evolution. In so many ways.
It was time to take a little break from the Rainbow Strip Quilt, which is currently in limbo while I wait for the new quilt labels I designed and ordered from Spoonflower. My sewing machine has been growing dust lately while I finish my web design course and get ready for someone’s second birthday.
I never, ever posted this quilt I made for Hannah for Christmas. It’s time I remedied that!
Other posts on this quilt: Rainbow Strip Quilt Pt. 1.
I will post better photos of this quilt when I’ve got it finished, but for now the weather is too grim to take it outside. I actually ran a string across my studio to try and get more than my typical lay-it-out-on-the-floor photo.
I have one of those, too.
I made Adam a tea wallet from this tutorial for his Christmas stocking way back when I first started sewing and blogging. I was very proud of it, and he actually uses it. I bought this TARDIS fabric from a Spoonflower designer at the same time I designed and ordered the sound wave fabric for his, but it’s been sitting in my stash waiting for a good use for 5+ years now.