I’ve had migraines since Sunday night, ebbing and flowing. I’m in the middle of an ebb right now. My Valentine’s Day plans aren’t going as planned, but we’re pretty low key about V Day anyway. We never go out, and we typically let it pass with mild fanfare. Cards, maybe candy, a good dinner at home. Not so much today. But I did manage yesterday, before a migraine set in and lasted through the night, to make these s’mores bites with H to celebrate the day.

I started with this recipe for S’Mores Cups from The First Year, but I didn’t follow it exactly. I didn’t add any sugar to the graham cracker mix like the original recipe does, and I probably used more crumbs in the base layer for each cup. The original has enough crumbs to make several layers of crumbs mixed with marshmallows and chocolate chips, but I just did one pass with each. It was basically a graham cracker cup filled with some marshmallows and chocolate chips, just one layer. We also used food coloring to dye some mini marshmallows pink and red, and I only made one layer. They were very crumbly because I could not wait 15 minutes to take them out and try one, but they were still pretty delicious. So, here’s what we did:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter, melted
chocolate chips
mini marshmallows
mini muffin tin

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray (or run a paper towel with a bit of melted butter around the inside of every cup). Mix the crumbs and the melted butter together, and press a tablespoon of crumbs into the bottom of each muffin cup.

Bake the graham cracker bases for about 4 minutes. Then turn on the broiler.

While the crusts bake, put some marshmallows in 2 separate bowls. Add pink and red food coloring, and stir to cover each bowl of marshmallows in a color.

Scatter 6-7 mini marshmallows and 6-7 chocolate chips on top of each graham cracker base, alternating pink, red, and plain white marshmallows.

Broil the cups for 2 minutes or so, until the marshmallows brown.

Take out and let cool in the muffin tin for 15 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges and carefully pop out each bite. Some of the bases might crumble, I don’t hold that against them.