I used every last scrap of fabric I had left in the prints from this quilt top to piece together this backing. And then some. It is going to be a rather sizable addition to our living room. This was completely improvised, and I like how it came out. Not too bad at all.
Other posts on this project: New Quilt.
I started this as a secret project back in February, but it’s going to be a tutorial here on my site once I’m finished with it. This whole quilt top came together really quickly, with simple squares in 3 sizes: 3.5″, 6.5″, and 12.5″.
I’ve been stocking up on Liberty of London fabrics from a secret, cheap source in Manhattan. I’m not ready to share the source yet, because the members of my quilt guild who shared it will take back my crafter card if I spill the beans. The point is that now I have to figure out what to make.
This is a project I’ve wanted to do for ages now. The kitchen island was the only real place in the house where we could really do some messy play, and obviously the kitchen is not always ideal. Also, my kitchen island is frequently covered in life–mail, crockpots, recycling. So, I’d wanted to make a nice big blanket, one side laminate, so we could move messy play around the house. Because I’m me, I apparently cannot just go buy a tarp.
I never posted this one, but I participated in the latest #makeaquiltmakeafriend swap through Instragram during the fall. In November I mailed off this mini Tula Pink sampler made with Cotton + Steel prints to my swap partner @Tripleee80.
I think it’s pretty safe to say that this will be the last make of my 2015. I finished this quilt right after my last post about it, in time to really enjoy some quality relaxing under it before Christmas. I just love it, this was a great one to end the year.