I love this pattern, but it was much trickier to make this hat from Oliver + S Little Things to Sew than I remember from last year. Curved piecing, no problem. It was stitching in the cap on the reversible side to the already constructed brim. Getting those seams to line up properly without extra fabric was tough.
A lovely friend of mine had twins last week, a boy and a girl. I’d meant to give these to her at a quilt guild meeting last month but couldn’t make it. I made them using my own fabric crown tutorial, and I adjusted them to fit newborn heads. These will adjust from 13″ to 16″ circumference, and they’re reversible. Although twins are usually pretty tiny, so it may still be a while before their little heads fit them.
Yes, I know it’s April. But it occurred to me that there were lots of fun things about last month that I didn’t want to write about as standalone posts. So, why not combine them? Especially since the grim weather is finally starting to disappear, and I can remember all the good times winter and I had without feeling stabby about the snow.
You guys! I loooove these Stately Type Moda shirts. Jaybird Quilts regrammed a photo of these, and I just preordered the Maker and “Do-Re-Mi” designs. If you preorder by tomorrow (the shirts will ship in late April) you can get 20% off with the code MODA20. Find the Stately Type Moda shirts here.
Other posts on this project: I’m in Love with These Stof Dots.
I finished her dress! I used McCall’s M6541 pattern, but I just made the basic little pinafore dress with it. No applique or Ric Rac. This is the same pattern my mom used for a blue version of this dress last summer, and Hannah is taller than the biggest dress size for the pattern now.
Stof is a Danish fabric company completely unfamiliar to me until last week. Hannah and I went out to Pennington Quilt Works to spend my birthday coupon, and there were these magnificent dots. Stof’s Twist Style. The shop had more than one colorway, but this is the one Hannah and I both loved (she tried to run off with the bolt). So I bought a yard.
It’s been a quiet summer for sewing, but I finally finished this project. It wasn’t especially time consuming, but it still took me forever. I wasn’t happy with the first fabrics I picked and waited until the Cotton + Steel bundles I preordered came in from Westwood Acres Fabrics. I. Love. Them. And decided that even though I’d only ordered fat quarters I would squeeze this hat pattern out of them. Hence the totally misaligned purple print…actually, that was probably just a crazy print to make a curvy project out of, but I couldn’t help myself. It was calling out to me in the night. Read more on Hannah’s Bucket Hat…