So, my 48 hours in MotherReader’s 48 Hour Book Challenge were up as of 9pm last night. And here’s what I read this weekend, and for how long:
- Read all of my ARC of Brian Selznick’s Wonderstruck. It was absolutely gorgeous in every way, and it took 3 hours to read.
- Listened to 3 hours of the audiobook of Clare Vanderpool’s Newbery winner Moon Over Manifest. More than halfway through that one now.
- Read my ARC of Joe Schreiber’s prom night disaster book Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick. I loved this one, it took 4.5 hours (nonconsecutive) to read.
- The #YAsaves vs. Wall Street Journal war broke out last night on Twitter. I spent a good 3 hrs reading about and responding to the ridiculous WSJ op-ed piece.
- I spent 1 hour book blogging.
All in, that’s 14.5 hours this weekend towards books and book blogging/social networking. I think that’s pretty great for my first year out, especially considering trips to NYC and a local street festival were thrown in there, too. More on those later.